ptcollab has many standard features you might expect from a music editor. If you've used pxtone collage before, the following will be familiar:
- Note and parameter input (pan, volume, portamento, fine-tuning, effects)
- Instrument import (ptvoice, ogg, wav, ptnoise)
- Song parameter settings (tempo, time signature)
In addition, ptcollab supports:
- Collaborative editing: host a server and have others connect and work with you!
- Session recording: save a frame-by-frame recording of a session and play it back later!
- MIDI input: Record notes either live while the song is playing, or using keyboard controls to step through time.